Every homeowner admires to have a neat and lush lawn garden where one can relax with family and friends to catch a breath of fresh air. If you are a beginner in lawn care, you might be looking for simple lawn care tips that you need to apply in order to have a green and eye-catching lawn.
Maintaining your lawn should be a simple and exciting task when done properly. Are you looking for ideas on how to get a lush green lawn?
In this article, we have compiled a list of simple lawn care tips that you need to implement so as to achieve your dream lush and striking lawn in your living areas.
Simple Lawn Care Tips for a Neat Lawn
1. Mowing Often At the Right Height and Time
Lawn mowing is one of the crucial lawn care practices that every gardener must carry out.
However, it’s important to first of all ascertain the recommended mowing height of your lawn grass because different types of lawn grass have different recommended cutting heights.
When you mow your lawn grass at the recommended height, it regenerates faster and grows with the right root depth. When you cut your lawn grass too short, it will take a longer time to rejuvenate and it will also have shorter root penetration.
There are different types of lawn mowers on the market to choose from. They include gasoline lawn mowers, electric lawn mowers, and, robotic models. It’s advisable to go for lawn mower models that are eco-friendly and easy to operate.
When preparing your lawn mower to mow the lawn grass, ensure that all the blades are sharpened in order to achieve a uniformed mowing pattern. Proper lawn mowing ensures that your grass grow fast and green.
- CORDLESS LAWN MOWER – Get more done, faster, with Greenworks electric lawn mowers. This 40v push lawn mower provides the power you need with up to 45 minutes of runtime on a fully charged 4.0Ah battery. The battery completely charges in 120 minutes.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, EASY TO USE – A lightweight 16” cutting deck allows for easy maneuvering through small to medium yards (up to ½ acre) more efficiently. Easy push button start and lighter weight make it a great choice for your lawn.
- VERSATILE – Battery powered lawn mower has a single lever 5-position height adjustment with a cutting height range from 1-1/4″ to 3-3/8″ for the best cut in all environments. The 2-in-1 feature offers versatile use with mulching and rear bagging options.
- MAINTENANCE FREE – This walk behind lawn mower is virtually maintenance free, with no gas, no oil and no emissions. It starts instantly and is quiet but delivers gas-like power for your toughest projects.
- INCLUDES – Battery operated lawn mower comes with mower, grass collection bag, 40V 4.0Ah battery, charger and operators manual. It offers a 3 year tool and 3 year battery warranty.
Last update on 2022-08-22 at 11:04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
2. Fertilizer Application
When you apply fertilizer to your lawn, it adds nutrients to the soil to replenish the ones that got depleted during the previous year or during the winter season.
There are various types of lawn fertilizers that you can choose from in a garden store near you including the organic ones.
When you apply fertilizer to your lawn grass during the spring season or at the end of fall, it will enrich grass growth. You will end up with a healthy lush and green grass that is able to withstand any harsh winter conditions.
For better results, most homeowners apply fertilizer together with weed killers so as to eliminate common lawn grass weeds such as crab grass.
A Lawn fertilizer spreaders is the best tool to use when applying fertilizer to your lawn. If you have a large lawn, a broadcast fertilizer spreader is the best option for you.
Drop fertilizer spreaders are a good choice if you have a small to medium lawn and where spread accuracy is required.
3. Mulch Clippings
Did you know that bagging all clippings after mowing your lawn is not a very good idea?
When you remove all the grass clippings and sweep clean the entire lawn using a lawn sweeper, your lawn loses huge amount of nutrients including nitrogen that is had acquired from the applied fertilizer.
After mowing, ensure that you leave moderate amount of grass clippings on the lawn as they help in mulching and other key microbial activities.
Remember that too much grass clippings and thatch is harmful to your lawn. It inhibits free flow of water and nutrients to deeper root zones. A Lawn dethatcher machine can help you remove the excess grass clippings and other debris on your lawn.
- KEEP YOUR YARD HEALTHY : dethatch in early spring or early fall for cool-season grasses, and in late spring through early summer (after the 2nd mowing) for warm-season grasses
- POWERFUL MOTOR : 10A motor provides the power you need to tackle the toughest jobs
- 14” DETHATCHING PATH : allows you to complete jobs faster and more efficiently
- 3-POSITION HEIGHT ADJUST : provides greater control by removing matted layers to promote lawn health
- STAINLESS STEEL TINES : stays sharp longer for reliable performance
Last update on 2022-09-20 at 10:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
4. Regular Watering
To achieve a green and healthy lawn, watering is very essential.
For better results it’s recommended that you water deeply about 5-6 inches once a week.
To ensure that you water your lawn efficiently, consider doing it early in the morning before sunshine or late in the evening so that it can absorb enough moisture.
5. Lawn Aeration
Lawn aeration is a crucial lawn care practice that is done to reduce soil compaction.
When there is too much activities and movements on your lawn, the top soil will end up becoming compact and hard.
Soil compaction inhibits free flow of moisture and oxygen to the lower root zones and this affects the optimal growth of your lawn grass. Lawn aeration helps in reducing the soil compaction and boost optimal root development.
Did you know that lawn aeration is different from lawn dethatching? Here is an article outlining the difference between Lawn Dethatching Vs Lawn Aeration.
As a homeowner, you always feel proud when you have a lush and attractive lawn and garden. If you are looking for tips on how to grow the perfect lawn, apply the above simple lawn care tips and you will definitely transform your fading lawn garden into an evergreen and splendid lawn.