Use of mouse traps is one of the most effective pest control methods that you can use to eliminate mice infestation either in your home or office. Mouse traps are highly preferred as they are considered safe (non-toxic) and highly effective. There are different types of mouse traps to choose from on the market today.
Each mouse trap model has its own pros and cons with regards to its functionality.
This article will help you choose the best mouse traps for home, office or yard that you can consider buying as per your budget and handling preference.
Different types of mouse traps
Snap Mouse Traps
Snap mouse traps are the most popular mice traps as they have been on the market for many years.
A typical wooden snap trap was the first invention but more advancements have been made and we now have the Snap E-mouse traps which are more efficient, reliable and more improved rodent traps.
The new improved versions are designed with a small cup where one can place the bait such as peanut butter. Once you have placed the bait and set the traps at the right location, it uses a highly sensitive bar that strikes and trap the rodent instantly.
Snap mouse traps are reusable therefore, making them cost-effective.
Advantages of Snap traps
- They are highly effective. The spring metal bars are sturdy and strong
- They are sold at pocket friendly rate compared to other types of mouse traps
- They are easy to use. Easy to set and release
- They are reusable and durable
- They come with a release bar which makes it easy to throw the dead mouse without touching it
Disadvantages of Snap mouse traps
- It’s risky for use in areas with pets and small children. It works based on the slightest touch to the bait and if you have other pet or small children around your home, they might touch it and get injured
- It’s not ideal for persons who can’t with stand a strapped live/dead rodent
- Package Height : 19.8 Cm
- Package Length : 5.1 Cm
- Package Width : 10.6 Cm
- Product Type : Outdoor Living
Last update on 2022-12-27 at 16:49 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Glue Mouse Traps
Glue traps uses a sticky surface to trap and catch the mice. They are also effective when used to control other small pests such as insects, cockroaches, spiders and snakes.
They are very easy to use and also affordable. Unlike other types of mouse traps which are reusable, glue traps are designed to be used just once.
You place them at the right location to catch the mouse, monitor, and dispose both the trap and mouse.
If you want to use it for catch and release rodent control objective, consider applying vegetable oil to reduce stickiness once the rodent has been trapped.
Advantages of Glue mouse Traps
- It works perfectly especially with small pests
- Non-toxic and provides good results
Disadvantages of Glue Mouse Traps
- They are not safe for use in a home with small children or pets
- The pest get stuck on the glue surface until you dispose it making it inhumane
- Effectively captures mice and other household pests
- Includes Eugenol for enhanced stickiness
- Also traps a variety of insects, including spiders, roaches or even scorpions
- Helps you control your mice or pest problem
- Glue traps are easy to use, allowing placement in small places like entry and garage doors, below windows, near utilities and any other areas where rodents tend to hide
Last update on 2022-12-27 at 16:52 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Electric Mouse traps
Electric mouse traps use more advanced technique to eliminate rodents. They are fitted with a bait station and a smart circuit technology which senses the mouse when it enters the trap and electrocutes it within 5 seconds.
It has gained a lot of popularity due to its human nature of pest control mechanism. It uses high voltage shock and when the mouse enters the traps, it automatically senses and they mice are electrocuted.
Electric mouse traps can kill up to 150 mice on a single set of batteries. They are easy to use and highly effective. They are designed with green lights which indicates a successful catch and a red light for low battery.
The mice are also comfortably disposed without any touch or view thanks to their unique define feature.
Electric mouse traps are reusable and durable.
Pros of electric mouse traps
- They are highly effective. High trapping success rate
- They are reusable making them cost effective
- No-touch and no-see features
- High speed and Humane
- Easy to use. Just bait and turn it ON
Cons of Electric mouse traps
- A bit expensive compared to other models but they are reusable
- ✅Precise and efficient: The electronic mouse trap features precision rodent detection system, intelligent wireless circuit sensor, as soon as the rat enters the doorway, the trap generates a voltage of up to 7,000 V, instantly electrocuting the rat. Help you solve noisy and dirty rat problems Efficiently and quickly.
- ✅No mess & No touch: To discard the exterminated rodent, just need pick up the rat trap simply , slide the dead rodent into the trash bin and place the trap back to its location ready for its next catch. Safe and non-toxic, it doesn’t have to be violent, it’s that simple.
- ✅Dual power options: This electric rat trap equipped with two charging methods, AC adapter(included) and 4″C” battery( not included). The charging cable is 45 inches long, it’s convenient to place the trap anywhere to kill the mice.
- ✅Acts on a variety of rodents: Electric mouse trap lures and kills small rodents effectively via high-voltage. An ideal way to wipe out pesky pests, such as rats, mice, chipmunks, squirrels, etc.
- ✅Reusable & Durable: It’s not a one-time traps, there’s no need to replace parts, it can be reused many times, which is a big help in saving money. We provide our customers with a 12-month warranty. If you have any product problems, please contact us freely.
Last update on 2022-12-27 at 16:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Multiple Catch Mouse Traps
Multiple catch mouse traps are designed with capability of trapping more than one rodents.
Depending with the type of mouse trap, they can hold up to 30 mice at a go. They are ideal for use in home or by researchers who do not want to kill the mice.
You can catch the mice, move them to a different place and then release them safely. Multiple catch mouse traps use bait to lure the mouse into the cage and once it enters, a trap-door system locks itself thus, preventing the mice from getting out.
With this type of trap models, all rodents are captured alive. The inside parts are also softened to ensure the rodent stays free from any injuries.
There are two versions of multiple catch mouse traps which include the metal caged, and the plastic tubes.
Advantages of Multiple catch mouse traps
- Most humane method of eliminating mice
- Highly effective
- Safe and non-toxic
- Catches high number of mice at once
- Durable and reusable
Disadvantages of catch and release mouse traps
- Regular monitoring of the trap is required. Since you are capturing alive animals, you must attend to them as quickly as possible since neglecting them for a longer period can lead to death of the mice
- You must handle the mice closely. It’s not fit for persons who can’t withstand live rodents
- Set of 4 repeater Mouse traps, needs no winding or resetting
- Non-jamming mechanical components and there are no springs or snaps
- Clear see through cover provides fast inspection
- No bait needed and trap is reusable
- Mouse entry holes are 1.38″ Wide and 1.13″ Tall. Window measures 7.44″ X 3.91″. Overall dimensions are 10.38″ X 6.25″ X 2.05″.
Last update on 2022-12-27 at 17:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Mouse repellents substitutes the work of placing the actual mouse traps.
Mouse repellents comes into 2 different forms; Ultrasonic and Scented repellents. Ultrasonic repellents emit a high frequency wave which drives the mice and other rodents away.
They are plugged in a power source wall and they repel mouse around the designated areas. Scented mouse repellents are mostly used in enclosed areas such as your closet and comes in different forms.
Advantages of mouse repellents
- Easy to use. Just plug-in and Switch ON
- Effective and delivers up to expectations in most cases
- Can be used as mouse trap alternative if you don’t want to kill the mice
- Cost effective
Disadvantages of mouse repellents;
- Ultrasonic mouse repellents are not ideal for big living rooms
- Cannot completely replace mouse traps especially in areas with high mice infestation
- Scented repellents might cause problems to people who are allergic
- FAST ACTING – Fresh Cab keeps mice out! For preventative use in non-infested areas, simply place one pouch for every 125 square feet
- NON-TOXIC – Made with balsam fir oil, this plant-based alternative freshens and protects our storage areas for up to 90 days
- NO-MESS, EASY TO USE – Remove plastic overwrap. For use in currently infested areas, increase use to 1 pouch per 8 sq. feet of floor space, and replace every 30 days
- ETHICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL – Made in the USA by EarthKind, the only company to develop a botanical rodent repellent that meets federal EPA standards for professional pest control use/effectiveness in indoor/enclosed areas. EarthKind operates with a 2% carbon footprint and hires a 20% handicapable workforce for assembly of your product. EarthKind has won multiple awards over the past 10 years including the 2017 National Parenting and Eco Excellence Awards
- PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY – Use Fresh Cab pouches to repel rodents from basements/attics, pantries, cabins, under hot tubs, garages/sheds, storage units, autos, trucks, tractors, farm equipment, sheds, barns, RVs and boats
Last update on 2022-12-27 at 17:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API