Over the last few years, indoor gardening especially hydroponics system has gained a lot of popularity globally due to the rising need of fresh, organic, and healthy veggies, fruits, and other plants which are essential in our day to day life.
Modern gardening can be rewarding and fun when practiced in the right manner. If you have free space at your home or at the backyard, why not try hydroponics farming and enjoy full year supply of fresh vegetables and fruits?
This will not only save you a few dollars but also make your homestead more aesthetic.
Today, the market is filled with thousands of hydroponics systems and kits to choose from and many gardening beginners often find themselves in a dilemma when choosing the right hydroponics system.
If you are an aspiring gardener, this article provides you with a detailed guide on the factors to consider when choosing the right hydroponics system that will match your needs and guarantee you value for money.
You need to first of all assess your growing site to determine the available space. This is because the space available determines the number of pots or buckets that can be included in a given hydroponics system.
This will eventually determine the number of crops that you can grow in your growing site.
In most cases, the smaller hydroponics systems require about 16 square feet of floor space.
You should also prepare an extra space that will be used to hold the water reservoir, indoor grow lighting system, pump, and coolers.
Therefore, examining your growing site available space is a key necessity.
Related; Hydroponics Vs Aquaponics
- 🥦【GROWTH RATE 5 TIMES FASTER THAN SOIL】Thanks to scientific growing methods and nutrient solutions support, DUESI indoor gardening system makes growing 5x faster than soil. And plants will grow stronger (Two nutrient solutions inside)
- 🌱【MORE EFFICIENT WITH 12 PODS】DUESI Hydroponics Growing System ensures that your plants grow in a soil-free and pollution-free state. And the 12-pod design allows you to harvest 12 different plants at once! 36-Watt high-efficiency grow lights in your herb garden make your plants grow faster and stronger!
- 🌶️【TWO GROW MODES AND ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT】Features veggie and fruit/flower modes for different planting. The veggie mode will enhance the blue light to make the plants leafy, and the fruit mode will enhance the red light to make the plants flower and get fruit. As the plants grow high, you can adjust the height of the post to adapt to the growing height(21″ Maximum).
- 🌞【16H FULL SUNLIGHT EXPOSURE】Full spectrum smart lighting system is tuned to the specific needs of plants to maximize photosynthesis, 16 hours of timing lighting every day, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests. The upgrade water pump equipped ensured the activity of water. (When you turn on the hydroponic light, please remember to select the vegetable mode or the flower mode, so that the plant light can be turned on and off regularly.)
- 🥒【FULL INDOOR HERB GARDEN KIT】Eqips with 1 AC adapter, 12pcs Containers, 12pcs Sponges, 12pcs Tags, 12pcs Covers, 12pcs support rods, 2 nutrient solutions; A nice gift to yourself, friends, parents, grandparents, children.【Seeds are not allowed in the package due to Amazon rules】
Last update on 2022-09-20 at 10:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Hydroponics systems have additional components such as pumps, grow lights, and coolers which are essential in ensuring optimal levels are attained when growing plants.
In the market, there are both automatic and manual systems and it’s the responsibility of the gardener to choose the best system that guarantees efficiency.
Recent research has indicated that most indoor gardening failure occurs as a result of poor temperature control and water levels.
Purchasing an automated system will give you an easy time when growing plants since the system will automatically manage the required optimum levels.
The modern systems have electronic devices that automatically monitor humidity, temperature, lightning, and water levels thus, relieving you a lot of manual adjustment burden.
Expandability of the Hydroponics System
As a beginner, you might want to try gardening with a small hydroponic system kit and later expand it to grow more plants. Once you are convinced of the benefits of practicing this easy and fun gardening method, you can plan to expand the system to hold more plants.
In this case, you need to have enough space that can hold additional buckets or pots so as to effectively accommodate the extra plants. Expandability of the system determines your total output and it is a crucial factor that can help you make the right choice.
READ ALSO; Best LED Grow lights for vegetables
Every hydroponics system is operated using electricity that supports pumping, lightning, and air conditioning. Electricity cost can run high especially when a farmer declines to use energy-saving LED bulbs
A full spectrum grow light is needed throughout the system to ensure optimum growth of your plants in both vegetative and flowering stages.
Therefore, when purchasing your hydroponics system, always ensure that you use energy-saving LED grow lights and this will go a long way in minimizing your operating expenses.
System price and setup costs
Hydroponics systems can be bought as pre-built or the gardener can decide to construct one.
Constructing your own DIY Hydroponics system at home will require professional service where you will have to hire an expert to set the system in place if you don’t have the capacity to do so.
This might be expensive to beginners and it requires close supervision meaning you will have to be there during installation.
On the other hand, the market has wide array of pre-built hydroponics systems which are customized to suit your preference.
With everything already set in place, you will only be required to set the system in your preferred place and kick-start your indoor gardening venture right away.
Depending on your budget plan you can be able to make the right choice whether to DIY or buy a pre-built system.
- 8PCS PP Buckets: Our DWC hydroponic system is equipped with 8 buckets made of high-quality PP material for long-lasting use. Each plant bucket features a 5″ basket and can hold up to 5 gallons, large enough to help you grow multiple plants at a time.
- Powerful Air Pump & Air Stone: Air Pump Voltage: AC120V 60HZ. Air Pump Power: 10W. Air Flow: 25 L/min. The air pump and air stone used for the deep water culture provide plenty of oxygen to each bucket via air hoses, helping to build a healthy root system faster.
- User-friendly Design: The recirculating deep water culture system is water-saving, labor-saving, and high-yielding. It features tight seals to ensure no leaks and inline check valves to avoid reverse flow. Besides, there is a water level device on the side of the bucket to allow you to observe the water condition at any time.
- Complete Hydroponic System: The DWC bucket system is easy to use with complete accessories, including 8 planting buckets, 12 m air hose, 1 set of connectors, 8 water level devices, 8 check valves, 8 air stones, 1 air pump, clay pebbles, and 1 instruction manual.
- Wide Application: You can enjoy fresh vegetables and fruits with our DWC system. It is suitable for the grow tent, greenhouse, garden, balcony, office, home, and other indoor or outdoor places without soil.
Last update on 2022-12-27 at 10:22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
I hope that the above factors will act as an eye opener to guide you in making the right choice when buying a hydroponics system that will not only give you a thriving soil-less gardening experience, but also give you value for your money.